Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pie-Cake!

So the other day I was wanting a sweet treat. Nothing around the house sounded good to me. So I started browsing pinterest and came upon a recipe that looked good. (Plus - I had all the ingredients, although I did have to substitute canned caramel apples for the cherries the original recipe called for).

I made it and MAN was it delish! So I had to share! My thought is that you could swap out any canned fruit and it would be fantastic! Think: canned lemons, peaches, strawberries, blueberries. In case you want to check out the original recipe, here's the link! RECIPE

It may not look like much. But seriously, I literally ate half of the pan! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 yellow cake mix
1 can of blueberries, strawberries, apples, peaches, lemons, etc.
and a 8x8 pan.
* I used a 9x13, but I think an 8x8 would have been better. 
1. Put your canned fruit down. (No need to grease your pan either). 
2. Sprinkle your cake mix all over the canned fruit.
3. Slice up your
 unsalted butter and scatter it all over the top of the cake mix. 
4. Bake according to the directions on the box.
I baked mine at 325 F for 28-32 minutes.
I believe that a metal pan bakes at 350 - but check your box! 
Pie-Cake with some vanilla icecream!

Thanks for visiting!

No comments: